Monday, July 29, 2013

Breastfeeding Week

Today is the start of breastfeeding week, and I feel like a bit of a failure. My husband had to work the morning shift today, and won't be able to bring our baby to visit me at work. This meant that I needed to have enough milk pumped to leave 4 bottles at home. With her drinking 3-4 oz per meal, that would mean I'd need 12-16 oz of expressed milk. I only got 6 oz. Needless to say, I was not able to meet the quota for pumping last night. For the first time ever, I had to break into the freezer stash. It wasn't a good feeling to not be able to produce enough for her to have fresh milk for the day.

In addition, I will go longer today without nursing than I have ever gone before. I hate the idea of being away from my baby for so long, and I know that pumping three times today will not help my low supply issues any.

Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read and view my blog. It may take a while for me to get to all of my messages, so please be patient if you don't see your comment on the page.

Best regards,
A Nursing Mother